For some, traveling solo can be daunting experience. For me, traveling places by myself gives me time to reflect and enjoy being with the most important person in my life…ME! Here are a few tips that I keep in mind when traveling solo and I thought that I would share them with you:
- Trust your instincts– If something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.
- Start small– If you are thinking of traveling solo, try exploring someplace local first. I wouldn’t recommend going abroad as your first trip.
- Plan, plan, plan– Always do a little research about where you are going.
- Let someone know where you are going.
- Pack light– Only take the necessities. I recommend identification, room key, travel documents, cell phone, camera…the less the better.
- Be alert– Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Blend in (especially when abroad)– Try not to let the world know you are tourist.
- Get to know the culture/locals– Last thing you want to do is offend local customs or cultures.
- Be careful who you open up to– Not everyone you meet needs to know where you are coming and where you are going.
- Enjoy YOURSELF!!!– Most important of all. Get to know you, the REAL you.
Getting over your nerves is half the battle. The other half is truly enjoying yourself.